Call for abstracts & conference registration
The London-Loughborough Centre for Doctoral Research in Energy Demand is holding a student-led research conference on November 22nd 2013 (9.30 am – 5pm) in London and is calling for abstracts which engage with the following question:
“Saving energy in buildings: why does context matter?”
The LOLO CDT’s first conference is open to all current and recently graduated UK and international research students and is intended as a platform to network, share experiences and debate issues of energy demand reduction in buildings. The research conference will be opened and closed by UCL and Loughborough university keynote speakers, including Prof Kevin Lomas, Prof Bob Lowe, Michelle Shipworth and Jez Wingfield.
This invitation is for abstracts – leading to an oral or poster presentation – concerning research which addresses any of the following in relation to building demand reduction and the influence of :
- human dimensions
- building design
- building systems
- building procurement, including design team communication
- regulation and building standards
- a changing climate
- predictive modelling tools
- industry knowledge/skills
- building commissioning, including maintenance & facilities management
- in-situ measuring
- on-site construction, including material/product specification
All abstracts will be peer reviewed by a UCL and Loughborough university panel of research students and published electronically and/or in the conference pack.
Deadline for abstract submission: Please send no later than September 23rdto email 2013LoLoConf@gmail.com
Abstract to be submitted in a word-document, containing the following information:
- Title of the submission
- Max. 3 of the above 14 subject categories the abstract falls under
- Author name(s), academic affiliation and contact email and phone number of principal author
- Abstract of maximum 350 words, engaging with the conference theme “Saving energy in buildings: why does context matter?” Include references where necessary/appropriate.
- Note whether submission is preferred for an oral or poster presentation
Other important dates:
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out by October 7th
- Confirmation of detailed conference programme around October 15th
- Author submission of powerpoint and/or poster presentation November 10th.
Deadline for Conference registration: November 10th, by filling in theregistration form
Twitter hashtag: #2013LoLoConf
Image © RedJamJar