Our vision is to undertake world class research addressing timely challenges and train a new generation of multi-disciplinary thinkers and innovators capable of engineering a smart, low-energy future.
To achieve our vision we will:
- Attract the brightest engineering and science graduates to a multi-disciplinary, research-led training programme with five areas of focus: technology and systems, energy epidemiology, urban scale energy demand, building performance and process and unintended consequences
- Provide a vibrant, student-focused environment that maximises knowledge exchange and interaction between energy researchers, industry and the next generation of ‘energy pioneers’
- Equip graduates with the world-class, inter-disciplinary research skills that will allow them to excel in their chosen field to advance the development of practical, sustainable, low-energy solutions.
Our Research Themes
- Technology and systems
- Energy epidemiology
- Urban scale energy demand
- Building performance and process
- Unintended consequences.
UCL IEDE, UCL-Energy and Public Health England (PHE) are seeking…
Industrialised economies face three major energy challenges: climate change, energy…
Loughborough researchers feature on ITV news warning of ‘public health disaster’ over home overheating
LoLo CDT Director (Loughborough) Professor Kevin Lomas and LoLo Doctoral…
Everyone in the LoLo community would like to congratulate Ashley…
2016 was a year of surprises: Brexit, Trump and even Leicester winning the premier league. Similarly, the results of energy…
The Energy Demand in Practice group at UCL organise a series of seminars about careers for PhD and Masters students each…
Join us and hear about our PhD projects,ranging from an investigation of the roles of plumbers and plumbers merchants in…
Join us on June 16th 2016 at our student-led conference.