Our vision is to undertake world class research addressing timely challenges and train a new generation of multi-disciplinary thinkers and innovators capable of engineering a smart, low-energy future.
To achieve our vision we will:
- Attract the brightest engineering and science graduates to a multi-disciplinary, research-led training programme with five areas of focus: technology and systems, energy epidemiology, urban scale energy demand, building performance and process and unintended consequences
- Provide a vibrant, student-focused environment that maximises knowledge exchange and interaction between energy researchers, industry and the next generation of ‘energy pioneers’
- Equip graduates with the world-class, inter-disciplinary research skills that will allow them to excel in their chosen field to advance the development of practical, sustainable, low-energy solutions.
Our Research Themes
- Technology and systems
- Energy epidemiology
- Urban scale energy demand
- Building performance and process
- Unintended consequences.
We are looking for a new logo for our new…
Science and Innovation Minister Chris Skidmore announced today that the…
Journal publication by LoLo PhD Student Stephen Watson: Decarbonising domestic heating: What is the peak GB demand?
Electrification of domestic heating is frequently suggested as a measure…
Recently a group of us were lucky enough to go…
Recently a group of us were lucky enough to go on a tour around a Passivhaus certified home on the…
The 2018 Lolo Colloquium was held at London’s Building Centre. It was the perfect building to host the event, with…
Dynamic and interactive, the ‘Energy Demand in Context’ Block Week is a full-immersion into the field of energy demand –…
LoLo Annual Colloquium 2018 – a showcase of our research – 8 November 2018 – Registration OPEN, Programme published
Thursday, 8 November 2018 13:00 to 19:30 (GMT) – The Building Centre, Store Street, London LoLo is the London-Loughborough EPSRC…