2016 was a year of surprises: Brexit, Trump and even Leicester winning the premier league. Similarly, the results of energy research have the potential to surprise, perplex and disrupt. At the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Energy Demand (LoLo) 2017 Student Conference (to be held on 13 June 2017, Loughborough University) we are inviting PhD students and early career researchers in energy demand and related fields to discuss counterintuitive and surprising results of their work. Alongside abstracts for 10 minute presentations, we welcome submissions for the conference poster session. Furthermore, we welcome general attendance for those wishing to engage with questions surrounding unexpected results in energy research.
Alongside presentations, the keynote speech will be given by Prof. Elizabeth Shove, co-director of the DEMAND Centre. Submission and attendance is free and includes lunch and drinks reception. Prizes will be given for the best poster and best presentation.
Topics under focus in the conference will include:
- Energy demand
- Energy networks and system management
- Energy modelling
- Energy policy and planning
- Energy and the built environment
Research from a wide variety of backgrounds and using a variety of methodologies to investigate these topics will be welcome, including both engineering and social scientific approaches. Specific attention will be paid to work featuring surprising results or avenues for future research.
Call for abstracts
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and be submitted to email@example.com by 7th May 2017, stating whether you wish to give a presentation or exhibit a poster.
To assist the reviewers, please indicate which of the above topic bullet points most aptly apply to your work.
Register for the LoLo 2017 Student conference – Energy in an age of uncertainty – to be held on 13 June 2017, at Loughborough University
Charalampos Angelopoulos, Loughborough University firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Watson, Loughborough University email@example.com
Harry Kennard, University College London firstname.lastname@example.org
Zack Wang, University College London email@example.com
Read more about previous conferences.
- We are still taking abstracts for our poster session, so please email yours if you have one!
- Three days left to submit your abstract for Energy in an Age of Uncertainty! http://www.lolo.ac.uk/lolo-student-conference-2017/ https://t.co/bl7aOwvrBc
- The snap #GE2017 might well totally restructure the UK energy landscape. Join us, June 13th, for our free conference https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/energy-in-an-age-of-uncertainty-tickets-32628217878?aff=eac2
- Early career conference in energy. Writing an abstract is a great way of dealing with #TuesdayMotivation issues! https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/energy-in-an-age-of-uncertainty-tickets-32628217878?aff=eac2